Case Manager III|
Catholic Charities, Brooklyn & Queens
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 23, 2022
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Jamaica/Queens
||- n/a -
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our case management programs provide the following homecare services for the homebound elderly; Care Management Plans, Home Delivered Meals, Assessment for Homecare, Friendly Visiting & Support Services to keep frail seniors living safely in their homes and community.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Case Manager III provides comprehensive services to homebound elderly clients in the community through support services to maintain the client at home with a safe care plan.
* Provide a comprehensive in-home assessment and reassessment of the older person’s current functional and cognitive capacities and limitations, unmet needs, and eligibility requirements for benefits and entitlements.
* Develops and implement a care plan with the senior and his/her family when needed, to address the client’s unmet needs in order to assist them to continue to live safely in their own homes.
* Provides crisis intervention services when needed, for situations such as medical emergencies, utility shut-offs, bedbug infestations, and disaster response.
* Provide emergency coverage for Home Delivered Meal clients when the client fails to answer the door, when needed.
* Perform intake activities, which include assessing eligibility, preliminary evaluation of the presenting problem, initiating services as needed and providing information and referral services.
* Complete a comprehensive DFTA assessment form for each client on a timely basis and according to funding source regulations.
* Maintain up-to-date: case notes, waiting lists for clients on caseload, and the timely submission of monthly statistics and reports as required by the agency and the funding source.
* Represent the client at Fair Hearings when the client or his family is unable to do so.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human related services from an accredited college or university.
* Knowledge of entitlement for older adults preferred.
* Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Russian, English/Chinese, English/Polish preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
* Able to travel to client’s homes, meetings, conferences and other locations for trainings and meetings.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
Apply online: https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ccbq/Posting/View/10850