Sycamores is partnering with the 988 mental health crisis hotline to provide support to people experiencing a mental health crisis by providing initial phone support to all callers & triage calls to the Sycamores Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) for in-person support. The MCOT responds 24/7, 365 days a year, broken down by flexible shifts. The MCOT Clinician will respond, in person, to provide timely support including crisis stabilization, safety planning, assessment for danger to self/ others, & gravely disabled. write 51/50 holds as needed & provide follow up support. Utilizing the MCOT van to respond to calls, this role co-responds with a MCOT Peer Support Specialist & is an integral part of the Sycamores larger MCOT including close partnership with the 988 call center, police, sheriff, psychiatric hospitals & ambulance transport companies.
The Mobile Crisis Outreach Department evaluates the individual experiencing a “mental health crisis” out in the field & takes measures to ensure the individuals safety (i.e., Evaluates if the individual requires involuntary hospitalization to ensure their safety). The MCOT Clinician takes the lead on care coordination & works collaboratively with the MCOT Per Support Specialist to coordinate care i.e., locate hospitals, ambulances, housing, etc.). The MCOT team responds to an individuals need for in person evaluation for safety within specified geographical area (i.e., Antelope Valley or San Fernando Valley or San Gabriel Valley).
• Masters’ Degree in related field required.
• Licensed in the State of California as LCSW, LMFT, LPCC or Psy. D/Ph.D required.
• Must maintain relevant licensure as a condition of employment.
• 2 + years of successful licensure & experience preferred.
• Attend & satisfactorily complete all trainings required by the Agency, federal, state &/or local regulations.
• DMH experience preferred.
• Valid California Driver License & a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
• Ability to use agency vehicle with appropriate insurance for all transporting consumers & adhering to federal, state & local motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
• Maintains all required licenses & certifications.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug & health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, & basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer & complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.