Sycamores is partnering with the 988 mental health crisis hotline to provide support to people experiencing a mental health crisis by providing initial phone support to all callers & triage calls to the Sycamores Mobile Crisis Outreach Teams (MCOT) for in person support. The MCOT will respond out to the community to provide timely support including crisis stabilization, safety planning, assessment for danger to self/ others, & gravely disabled write 51/50 holds as needed & provide follow up support. The Clinical Supervisor will provide support & supervision to the MCOT & be an integral part of the Sycamores larger MCOT. Close partnership with the call center, police, sheriff, psychiatric hospitals & ambulance transport companies will be important.
This is a direct service leadership position designed to provide hands-on coaching direction & guidance to supervisees within the program. In this role, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for working directly with staff in the implementation of best practices that are consistent with policies & the agency’s treatment philosophy. Must provide administrative & clinical supervision to members of the MCOT. The role will be available for consultation during & following crisis calls as well as to fill in when back up is needed in the field. Must supervise & lead identified crisis staff, be on-call, & represent the MCOT program to external stakeholders & community resources. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Supervisory & teaching or training skills
• Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited or state approved program that meets criteria for licensing as a clinical social worker, MFT or clinical psychologist. Must be waiver-able or registered with the appropriate licensing board in CA to provide psychotherapy.
• Must be licensed & eligible to provide clinical supervision to BBS standards in CA (i.e. LMFT, LCSW, Ph.D or PsyD).
• Supervisory experience in individual, group & family psychotherapy with the severely emotionally disturbed.
• Must be LPS certified
• 2 years post licensure with related supervisory experience & advanced clinical knowledge of best practices
• Excellent consumer de-escalation skills
• Must have the ability to manage & work through conflict
• Maintains all required licenses & certifications.
• Valid CA DL & a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug & health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, & basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer & complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.