The Department of Children and Families (DCF) seeks a dynamic, creative leader with a track record in change management and social service innovation to serve as Deputy Director for the Division of Family and Community Partnerships.
Provide oversight of offices within the Division and be an integral member of the leadership team for DCF, one of the nation’s premier child and family serving agencies responsible for the State’s child welfare and child protection systems.
NOTE: Position may be eligible to work remotely for up to two days per week.
* Oversee the ongoing operation of the offices within the division while simultaneously leading and supporting the offices and its team members through significant change to:
* Develop and oversee an in-depth process to review the division’s current array of programs and services to determine relevance/need, quality, and service gaps.
* Partner with the other DCF Divisions to develop a short-term plan to better align the Office’s array of programs and services with the Department’s vision and the presenting needs of children and families.
* Assess division staff training needs and readiness for change.
* Contribute to a long-term strategic plan for the prevention in child welfare that aligns with the department strategic plan.
* Master's in industrial or organizational psychology, business or public administration, operations research, labor relations, social work, or a closely related field.
* 5+ yrs experience in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity managing large-scale work in one or a combination of the following: supervising direct social service or health care delivery in public or private organizations, preferably ones that provide services through a mix of contracted and internal services; design and implementation of new social service models or programs.
* Skills in leadership, organizational development, financial management and human resources
* Ability to collaborate effectively with peers and with stakeholders within and outside of government.
* Competency designing and leading innovative initiatives in a transparent and inclusive way.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name.
Indicate in your cover letter where you found this job opportunity and send the file to:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer