Title: Intake Specialist
Location: Ana’s Place
Ana’s Place is a 108 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless men diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities, and housing placement assistance. Additionally, psychiatric services are provided Monday through Friday, staffed by a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, and a licensed practical nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Intake Specialist include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Responsible for the initial assessment of every new arrival with respect to housing readiness.
• Develops a tool/trains staff on administering a modified mini assessment for clients entering after hours/weekends.
• Facilitates a direct hand-off to nursing to ensure the initial nursing and psychiatric assessments are initiated.
• Reports daily to the Clinical Director on the status of all new clients.
• Coordinates with the Clinical Director and Housing Specialist to identify and expedite placement for clients who may have other housing options.
• Assigns new clients to case manager within 48 hours of their arrival.
• Completes initial psychosocial within a month of client’s date of entry.
• Manages and updates caseload daily.
• Tracks psychiatric and medical ER visits/hospitalizations monthly.
• Keeps track of clients on ACT/AOT/HUB.
• Provides support to clients in the absence of their case manager.
• Attends and participates in the weekly P4P Case Conference meetings on the status of each client.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director and Clinical Director.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with homeless mentally ill/MICA adults
• An ability to motivate all staff and to work collaboratively with staff from other programs to provide the most beneficial services to the clients.
• Excellent oral, writing and listening skills.
• An ability to work independently and to initiate actions to support the efforts of the staff and the clients.
• An ability to relate with clients as well as all levels of staff.
• Knowledge of case management software as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to walk between two floors of the facility (24 steps), climbing up and down two staircases, in the event the elevator is out of order.
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
To apply: Please use the following link: https://us62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/projectrenewal/Posting/View/324