Action for Boston Community Development is a nonprofit human services organization that each year provides more than 100,000 low income residents in the Greater Boston region with the tools and resources needed to transition from poverty to stability and from stability to success.
The MassHire Metro North Career Center connects qualified job seekers with employers, providing the tools and resources needed to start a career, increase skills or find a new job. As a member the Career Center team, the Program Services Assistant provides a high level of customer service, performing clerical and administrative support duties with the goal of driving higher job marketability of our customer base.
• Process walk-in inquiries while answering and routing high volume of incoming calls appropriately; take accurate messages when appropriate.
• Learn and continuously maintain knowledge about all units of Career Centers, community programs and resources, and those of the Career Center Partner Organizations.
• Input relevant customer data appropriately and timely by following MOSES (database) entry policies; including, customer registration, services, notes and signing up customers for workshops.
• Locate, organize and maintain information. Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and 1 to 3 years of relevant experience required.
• Associate’s degree in human services, public administration, business management or related field preferred.
• At least two years working in a career center, call center or other related experience preferred.
• Must have the ability to work in high stress and fast paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proficient with MS office.
• Ability to type 60+ words per minute preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work sensitively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Bilingual skills in Spanish required.
• Make an impact on the community
• Free professional development opportunities and trainings
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 403B Retirement Plan with employer match and vesting
• Paid Time Off
• 13 Observed Holidays