Landlord Outreach Specialist|
Housing Authority of Salt Lake City
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Aug 29, 2022
||US - Utah - Salt Lake City
||- n/a -
The Landlord Outreach Specialist locates housing units in the rental market throughout Salt Lake County, develop partnerships with landlords to overcome barriers that prevent households from obtaining housing. They work closely with landlords, non-profit agencies, and case managers to ensure that clients have access to housing. Successful candidates will need to offer the highest level of customer service and use creative thinking to engage with clients and landlords.
1. Developing productive working relationships with landlords and property managers to offer available units to program approved families.
2. Expanding our network of landlords and property managers by educating new landlords about the services our agency provides.
3. Maintaining an up-to-date list of available rental units and a landlord database.
4. Organizing and participating at landlord events in the community, as well as coordinating with partnering agencies, outside organizations, and service providers.
5. Conducting housing search assessments to identify a client’s housing barriers and individual needs.
6. Assisting with the completion of rental applications and advocating for families when speaking with potential landlords.
7. Supporting landlords and encouraging clients to satisfy lease obligations.
8. Maintaining all files in accordance with TANF guidelines.
9. Completing all documentation, entering UHMIS case notes, and submitting reports in a timely manner.
10. Collaboratively working with co-workers to uphold the mission of the agency and to complete team objectives that promote the program’s success.
11. Tracking the progress of multiple clients, while simultaneously engaging and exiting clients from the program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to work well with other employees, residents, and the public under varying circumstances. Ability to relate and communicate with persons from all socio-economic, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.
• Must be comfortable working with landlords and property managers; this includes making cold calls, advocating for clients, and negotiating with landlords.
• Accountability for assigned cases; including responsiveness, accurate reporting, and completed files.
• Exceptional customer service and support. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, vendors, and local, state, and federal officials.
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, time-management skills, and motivation to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintain a high level of daily productivity with minimum supervision.
• Effectively function on stressful situations, while working within an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
• Ability to learn, follow and apply a system of complex regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations. Ability to follow instructions and make decisions in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software. Ability to create reports and submit data to grant providers.
• Valid UT driver's license and insurable with HASLC on a continuing basis.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration management, social science, or a related field; two years’ experience in a similar position as listed in the essential functions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/bWPRE7f4zkG2Gij6wIe4qk