Northern Manhattan Perinatal Partnership (NMPP)
seeks a Head Start/ Child Care Director. The Director will be responsible for a number of functions and will work closely with the Executive Director to provide leadership, planning, implementing and evaluating the program systems as well as represent the agency at local, regional, state, and national communities.
* Oversight of the agency's Head Start/ Child Care and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
* Serve as agency liaison for the Department of Education (DOE), Board of Directors, Public Groups, and Community Organization collaborations.
* Encourage and support professional development opportunities
EVALUATION and DEVELOPMENT (30%)
* Participate in the design of internal structures, systems and policies
* Ensure adequate systems are in place to maintain the highest quality of services for the children and families in compliance with Head Start/ Early Head Start. DOE Early Childhood Framework (EFQ) and Department of Health (DOH) guidelines
* Monitor the program's data including community and staff assessments and report the outcomes to leadership and the stakeholders.
PUBLIC RELATIONS (10%)
* Collaborate and develop relationships with neighborhood public schools, community agencies and partners.
* Participate in professional development activities and organized community events
* Represent the agency at on local planning bodies
* Make presentations to parents, staff, and the Board of Directors, community groups, to provide information on activities in the school
BUDGETS and GRANTS (10%)
* Oversee the directors and consultants content area of the use of budgets as it relates to compliance with Head Start/ DOE performance standards, and other regulatory requirements
Knowledge and skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks
Excellent problem solving skills
Ability to direct and assess the performance of supervisors and consultants
Interpret policies and regulations
Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
* NYS TEACHERS' LICENSE
* Masters degree in Early Childhood Education, Business Management, and the minimum of five years of professional. leadership, management and supervisory experience preferably in non profit management
* Significant experience in administration, including knowledge of state licensing requirements, Head Start, DOE, and DOH requirements and performance standards
* Knowledge of best practices and systems in the field of early childhood education
* Strong computer skills including all aspects of Microsoft Suite, and the ability to learn new systems
MUST BE COVID 19 VACCINATED
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org