Northern Manhattan Perinatal Partnership (NMPP) seeks a Senior Community Health Worker (SCHW) for its Maternal and Infant Community Health Collaborative (MICHC) Program/ The goal of the program is to assist pregnant women have health birth outcomes by providing case management services to women in the Harlem and Washington Heights community.
The SCHW is responsible for case management and organizational outreach.
DUTIES ( CASE MANAGEMENT)
* Carry a caseload of 5-10 cases
* Assist individuals and families to access preventive and primary health care services eg. (preconception care, family planning, prenatal care, immunization, pediatric care, and care for chronic and communicable diseases.
* Assist with accessing WIC, and other nutrition services with an emphasis on pregnant women enrolled in the program.
* Provide assistance and/ or referrals to obtain other support services such as housing, financial aid, food stamps, emergency food, clothing, etc.
* Conduct basic health assessments, assist families with identifying needs, provide basic health information, and
and make appropriate referrals when doing home visits
* Provide advocacy and support and follow up to find out if families are receiving the services
* Provide home visiting services
* Provide one on one and group education on breast feeding/ lactation
DUTIES (ORGANIZATIONAL OUTREACH )
* Cultivate partnerships through community outreach activities
* Coordinate participation in community projects and activities as well as NMPP events
* Develop relationships with organizations interested in supporting and collaborating with NMPP
* Ensure continuous communication between NMPP and community partners such as sending meeting reminders, and development of outreach material
* Organize weekly parenting group
* Schedule quarterly opportunities for staff, community partners, providers, and education sessions for clients, community members on chronic illnesses, stress management, healthy nutritio9n, and other relevant topics. Develop flyers, post on social media to keep stakeholders informed
* Develop outreach material for the program that promotes awareness of public health issues, Schedule outreach seminars and make presentations to groups
* Assist the Program Director to invite participants in NMPP's Community Action Network designed to assess issues impeding the access to social support services for women and families receiving services from the MICHC Program.,