Case Planner (Family Foster Care)
Bronx, NY, US
About the Position:
Provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Graham Windham’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living in a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible. Learn more about what it is like to be a Case Planner at Graham Windham by watching our Realistic Job Previews at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Creates, with families, service plans for families and children that are inclusive of stakeholders’ input; build on client strengths; that are realistic, culturally competent, provide meaningful assistance, and are in accordance with City, State, and Federal Regulations.
• Ensures that children are safe and well cared for in the foster/adoptive home through the development and maintenance of a positive working relationship with the child and foster parents, regular contact with the child/foster parent, and immediate response to early signs of disruption.
• Gauges bonding and goodness-of-fit between child and adoptive parents through careful observation of parent/child interaction at visits, feedback from other service providers, home visits, and interviews. Works with families to adapt service plans throughout the life of the case.
• Ensures that each child is progressing toward permanency. Prepares for TPR, ICPC, surrenders, adoptions, custody arrangements, etc., as needed.
• Regularly appears in Family Court hearings related to the children and families served. Attends & plays an active role in Family Team Conferences (FTCs), 20 Day Conferences & Parent to Parent Conferences.
• Responds to client emergencies within or outside work hours.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Salary and Benefits:
• Base pay range is $50,000/yr.
• Medical Insurance.
• Vision Insurance.
• Dental Insurance.
• Pension plan.
• Holiday pay.