DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the MHB in carrying out its mandated function to advise the local Behavioral Health Department and Board of Supervisors on improving mental health and substance use disorder services.
• Organize and staff monthly Board and committee meetings.
• Facilitate board members engagement with the Behavioral Health Department, Health Commission, Board of Supervisors and other governmental and community agencies
• Arrange program reviews and site visits of mental health and substance use disorder programs for board members
• Provide research, background material and best practices models to assist the board in advocating for policy development and program improvements
• Keep the Board informed of key issues, trends and best practices
• Assist the Board in strategizing, prioritizing, and evaluating projects
• Field calls and provide information and support to board and community members navigating the system of care
• Connect and engage with civic leaders and activists, community programs and organizations and cultivate opportunities for MHB members to network with these programs
• Ensure that SFMHEF fulfills its legal and fiduciary obligations as the non-profit fiscal agent for the MHB and the fiscal intermediary for the Department of Public Health Training Funds assigned to the SFMHEF contract
• Manage the SFMHEF contract with the City and County of San Francisco
• Supervise one staff member and occasional volunteers
• Manage Projects and other duties as required
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in a non-profit or government setting.
• Experience and skill working with people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences
• Self-motivated, articulate, politically savvy individual who maintains a high level of accountability and integrity, with an interest in social justice and equity.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including consumers, constituents, community advocates. city staff, and the Board of Supervisors.