A Better Way is looking to hire a new Supervisor/Clinical Supervisor for their Parent Engagement Program (PEP). This is a unique position supervising up to 6 Parent Advocates. PEP’s Parent Advocates are an incredible group of parents who have experienced the Child Welfare System as clients and now have returned to aid other parents as they go through this process in Alameda County. PEP Supervisors have the privilege of supporting Parent Advocates as they go through incredible personal and professional growth. Supervisors collaborate with Parent Advocates to assess strengths and build professional skills to ensure PEP is providing high quality services to families in the Child Welfare System. PEP Supervisors work closely with the Program Director and are deeply involved in program development and training for the Advocates.
Reporting to the PEP Program Director, the Supervisor will be the direct supervisor to a team of Parent Advocates. The Supervisor has the primary responsibility of managing the Parent Advocates who work under the direction of Alameda County. The supervision will be accomplished through weekly group and individual supervision, crisis management, and providing other supportive services to the Parent Advocates.
• A clinical background is preferred but applicants with more than 5 years of experience working as a peer support professional will also be considered.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling, or Psychology from an accredited school preferred.
• Strong collaborative supervision and management skills.
• Understanding of Family-Driven services.
• Experience working with adults in recovery - Training and experience in Motivational Interviewing preferred.
• Experience working with parents, children, and/or families involved with the child welfare system required.
• Personal life experience navigating one of the following systems on behalf of a family member is preferred: child welfare, juvenile justice, special education support, developmental services, and mental health.
• Minimum 2 years direct experience working with adults and/or children and families using a variety of clinical methods and approaches. Knowledge of child development and family dynamics required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of and ability to teach case management under a family systems approach.
• Valid CA driver's license and good driving record.
• Must be able to pass all required background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct weekly supervision to all assigned Parent Advocates.
• Coordinate training with PEP Management Team and County Liaison.
• Responsible for co-facilitating weekly group supervision and providing ongoing feedback and training to Parent Advocates.
• Work closely with County Liaison and other Alameda County staff, providing and eliciting feedback and evaluation of Parent Advocates to ensure high quality service delivery.
• Provide job guidance and work skill training as needed for Parent Advocates.
• Collaborate closely with the PEP management team in program and training development.
• Participate actively in all required staff and management meetings and training.
• Some schedule flexibility required for occasional evening and weekend events.
• Other duties as assigned