Come join our team. A well-established non-profit is seeking two Young Adult Education and Employment Specialists to work in either one of our new residential apartment buildings for young adults with mental illness located in Jamaica, Queens, and the Bronx,New York. In coordination with the Young Adult Apartment staff, develops educational and employment plans, resources and opportunities for Young Adults, ages 18-24, coming from OMH Psychiatric Centers, Residential Treatment Facilities, Children’s Community Residences or foster care and are now residents in ACMH Transition Age Supportive Housing.
• Participates as an active member of the residential team in developing and implementing person-centered education and employment related goals and objectives.
• Provides education and employment readiness needs assessments and develops individualized Education & Employment plans congruent with participant needs, preferences, goals and readiness.
• Provides career counseling, employment skills readiness training, and other activities related to employment readiness in group and individual modalities.
• Identifies educational, vocational and job readiness programs and resources and makes referrals.
• Develops educational and employment initiatives including, but not limited to individual and group tutoring, mentoring and job coaching from resources in the community.
• Develops liaisons with educational, vocational and supportive employment providers.
• Develops employment opportunities for participants by establishing linkages and relationships with potential employers in the community.
• Works with employers to facilitate reasonable accommodation for participants, according to participant need.
• Provides ongoing support and coaching to assist participants engaged in educational, employment or employment readiness activities to improve behaviors, interpersonal skills, and work ethics necessary to maintain employment.
• Assists individuals in understanding and managing changes to their benefits and entitlements based on their employment income.
• Assures monitoring and documentation of participant progress by developing and maintaining tracking and progress reports.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Masters Degree in education, rehabilitation or related field, or Bachelors Degree with significant experience developing employment opportunities or employment readiness training for transition age youth, including at-risk youth who have lived in institutional or foster care settings. Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills.
Generous employee benefits.
Please email or fax your resume to Carlos Garcia, Senior Director of the Residential Program.