An accounting position is responsible for leadership and assistance with strategic and tactical execution on all accounting functions. The ideal candidate will be a highly qualified accountant with oversight of day-to-day accounting operations and financial analysis.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
• Manage day-to-day accounting processes including cash disbursement, accounts payable, and reconciliations.
• Reconcile bank accounts, identifying discrepancies and resolving problems on a timely basis monthly.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures including all accounting and financial controls.
• Maintain accounting policies and procedures including all accounting functions and related activities affecting payable and payroll transaction processing and record keeping.
• Responsible for timely and accurate monthly journal, recurring, allocating, accrual and adjusting entries.
• Own and maintain accurate subsidiary ledgers – accounts payable and fixed assets.
• Review monthly financial reports, including all Budget versus Actual versus Variance reports for Harlem United and related entries, the Divisions, Departments, Contracts and Programs.
• Review, analyses and reconciliations prepared by staff.
• Oversee all fixed asset record keeping, management and processes.
• Work effectively in an open inclusive management style, comfortable in team-oriented environments, capable of decisive action, and able to create and maintain a high performing, committed, cohesive department.
• Train, cross-train and supervise supporting staff.
• Annually evaluate the performance of supporting staff.
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
• Manage relationships with consultants and outsourced vendors to support accounting, payroll and banking compliance and operations.
• Assist in the Annual Audit processes; including reviewing all necessary conformations, preparations of supporting schedules and other tasks as required.
• Working with the Controller, maintain accounting policies and procedures, recommending improvements as appropriate.
• Support leadership and department leaders.
• Respond timely to employee or outside inquiries.
• Year End Record Storage and Maintenance.
• Other duties assigned by the Controller and CFO.