View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
Provide comprehensive services to individual clients and families residing in cluster apartments. Services provided by case managers include assessment, case planning, developing an Independent Living Plan, case facilitation and management, counseling, referrals, information workshops and support groups. The case managers coordinate with other program staff and local agencies to provide short and long term care necessary to meet the needs related to moving families to permanent housing.
• Responsible for managing a caseload of families and children residing in the units.
• Provide counseling intervention services to residents and coordinate all client services as identified in the Independent Living Plan (ILP).
• Intake and assessment for families referred to the shelter.
• Manage a caseload of families referred to the shelter by DHS.
• Conduct bi-weekly progress meetings with residents to assess progress.
• Crisis intervention and short-term individual counseling.
• Provide information and counseling to families on services and planning to move to permanent housing.
• Advocacy on behalf of clients for public assistance and entitlements with city agencies.
• Case management, preparation of case records and preparation of statistical reports both monthly and quarterly.
• Mediation for internal conflicts in the living quarters.
• Group facilitation and conducting of educational presentations for communities.
• Provide updates as appropriate and assist clients in reporting and challenges to moving to permanent housing.
• Serve as an advocate and liaison between the family and various agencies such as HRA and ACS.
• Maintain routine administrative responsibilities to include the preparation of correspondence, maintaining files, mail, e-mail and telephone.
• Perform related tasks as requested.
To apply for this position:
E-mail your resume to email@example.com and reference cm/bfr in the subject line.
• Masters Degree in social work or related field and minimum 1 year case management experience.
• Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 2 years case management experience.
• Experience with homeless families, knowledge of homelessness and/or residential services preferred.
• Computer proficiency required, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Flexible schedule
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Thank you for your interest in jobs at Housing Bridge. Housing Bridge is a Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).