Family Service Specialist|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
The Family Services Specialist works with a multidisciplinary team to assure that alleged victims of abuse/witnesses to violent crime, and their caregivers, receive effective, holistic support and needed services. The Family Services Specialist provides direct crisis intervention and information and referral services to families and community members. The Family Services Specialist additionally provides community education and outreach, and works collaboratively with many partners to assess and meet needs for CornerHouse service population. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with families offer crisis intervention and support, facilitate access to community resources and provide information regarding the dynamics of abuse and trauma.
• Facilitate a supportive environment that focuses on each family’s comfort and unique experience and needs.
• Function as an effective liaison with multi-disciplinary team members
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of cultural diversity, child sexual abuse, family dynamics, child development, investigative and/or judicial systems
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse individuals, crime victims, and/or individuals in crisis
• Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills
• Team player, self-starter
• Computer proficiency, including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn and utilize database systems
For complete posting see www.cornerhousemn.org. Individuals from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
Name: Jennifer Anderson
Address: 2502 10th Ave S
Country: United States