To provide admission evaluations and provide short term therapeutic services. Will assist in other PACES functions as needed. This position reports directly to a Service Coordinator.
• This position will be based at Sunflower House, Shawnee, KS.
• Assigned duties will require activity at various community sites, as well as in youth’s homes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Will provide outreach to families referred for PACES services and complete admission evaluations.
• Will provide specialized therapeutic interventions as appropriate to client need and training and experience.
• Will maintain caseload of clients/consumers in need of short-term treatment.
• Works with other staff to provide increased support to a client at risk of hospitalization or out of home placement.
• Identifies strengths and needs of client/consumer and families and acts to involve them in planning for desired services.
• Familiarizes client/consumer with community resources for educational, cultural, recreational and social activities.
• Works with case managers to secure adequate services, resource acquisition and resource coordination as needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by immediate supervisor or designate.
• Complies with all relevant Center policies and procedures.
• Will provide liaison duties to community agencies as assigned.
• Coordinate care as appropriate and maintain an excellent working relationship with community partners.
• Possesses Master’s degree in social science field, with relevant licensure by Kansas Board of Behavioral Sciences.
• Eligible for Medicaid reimbursement.
• Ability to recognize and be sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences.
• Communicates directly and effectively in a cooperative manner with colleagues and representatives of other agencies.
• Familiar with mental health theory and practice.
• Experience treating trauma and sexual abuse with children.
• Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and as needed after hours coverage.
• Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Clearance through Kansas Child Abuse/Neglect Registry, Adult Abuse Registry and criminal background check through Validity Screening Solutions and Medicaid/Medicare reimbursable inquires.