Urban Pathways, Inc. a leader in providing continuum of care services to the homeless population is CURRENTLY seeking two Operations Directors for our facilities located in midtown Manhattan and Astoria, Queens.
The Operations Director will be responsible for the day to day building operations including all functions related to supervising and scheduling operations staff and ensuring the quality of life to clients residing in the residence by maintaining a safe and clean facility.
• Ensure compliance with all building, health and fire safety codes.
• Oversee building security, and ensure the operations of the facility including appearance, maintenance, repair, fire safety, and cleanliness, are consistent with the standards of the agency, its funders and regulators.
• Supervise operations staff including maintenance, security and cooks.
• Work with outside vendors, negotiate facility contracts, monitor and purchase building inventories.
• Serve as a member of the program management team to address resident concerns and issues.
• High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Fire Safety Director Certification (FSD) and valid security license required.
• Valid NYS Drivers license required and willingness to drive agency vehicle.
• 4-6 years appropriate building, facilities, systems, technical, and administrative experience required including 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
• Knowledge of building operations, boilers, plumbing, etc.
• Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to manage staff and residential building.
• Familiarity with non-profit organizations a plus.
• Ability to work with, communicate with, and be sensitive to the mentally ill population.