Supervisor of Family Safety|
African American Planning Commission, Inc.
View Company Profile
<< Go back |
Bachelor’s Degree Required. At least 5 years of supervisory experience working in a residential facility; Five years experience in law enforcement or related field may be acceptable with an Associate’s Degree. *This position requires the successful candidate to be fingerprinted, have a VALID, UP-TO-DATE SECURITY GUARD LICENSE, have no prior criminal history and be a CERTIFIED FIRE-SAFETY COORDINATOR. Some of the responsibilities include:
• Plan, direct and organize the operations of a 24 hour safety program;
• Recruit, hire and orient all new Family Care Monitors, Security Personnel, Maintenance Staff and Driver;
• Supervise staff by following up on their specific assignments and ensuring enforcement of the policies, procedures, rules/regulations and duties;
• Ensures adequate coverage of each shift;
• Serve as Fire and Safety Director, overseeing all safety related matters, including: evacuation procedures, enforcement of rules and regulations, correct violations, liaison with police, fire department and other law enforcement agencies, schedule, conduct and document fire drills;
• Ensuring the facility is maintained in a good state of repair and sanitation and in conformance with applicable State and Local laws, regulations and ordinances in order to assure a safe, comfortable environment for staff and residents;
• Responsible for maintaining the facility including, but not limited to, the grounds, the structure, equipment and other components therein;
• Ensure preparation and timely delivery of monthly reports and all required documentation;
• Evaluation of program performance and on-going program development, facilitation of monthly staff meetings with staff to ensure proper communication and compliance;
• Conducts work related functions with staff, clients and others, in a professional manner, ability to work as a team;
• Perform other related duties as may be requested;
• Comply with AAPCI policies and procedures;
• Collaborate with Shelter Director and other senior staff to develop and implement agency policies and procedures.
*The applicant must have good communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with the client population as well as with representatives of government and private agencies. Demonstrated knowledge, experience or capacity to work with homeless families and/or disadvantaged populations. *Must have the ability to motivate and support clients and staff in a non-judgmental manner. Computer literate. *Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
The African American Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for positions. AAPCI offers an excellent benefit package. The successful candidate is required to be fingerprinted and undergo a criminal background check. To apply, please FAX or MAIL your resume with a cover letter. NO EMAILS, PLEASE!
Name: AAPCI - HR Dept.
Address: PO Box 330-704
Country: United States