Special Victims Counselor for Human Trafficking
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is currently recruiting for a Special Victims Counselor with an emphasis on working with Human Trafficking victims in the Witness Aid Services Unit (WASU) component of the Special Victims Bureau. WASU provides a variety of social services and counseling services to assist crime victims, witnesses, and their families. The Special Victims Bureau prosecutes human trafficking, domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse, and sexual assault cases.
The successful candidate will possess a New York State LMSW/LCSW.Experience working with human trafficking victims required. Experience working with domestic violence, sexual assault and/or human trafficking preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle large caseload, possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented. Ability to work overtime and flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends. Oral Spanish bilingual skills a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing the following services to adolescent and adult victims of crime:
· Mental health evaluation and concrete needs assessment
· Crisis intervention
· Safety planning
· Advocacy and referrals to outside agencies
· Support and court accompaniment throughout the criminal justice process
· Follow up contact with victims to monitor their connection to services
· Conduct trainings internally and externally on the dynamics of Human Trafficking
· Establish, strengthen and maintain victim’s relationship with the Assistant District Attorney
· Participate in multidisciplinary team
· Maintain communications and strengthen relationships with anti-trafficking organizations
The salary for this position is $48,086. Excellent vacation and benefits package. To apply, interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter by going to www.manhattanda.org and following the Careers & Training tab.
Equal Opportunity Employer