Homelessness Prevention Case Manager (Brownsville Office)|
RBSCC Community Empowerment Center
View Company Profile
<< Go back |
The Prevention Case Manager position will be responsible for preventing homelessness by providing housing assistance and holistic case management services. He/she will provide ongoing social services to program participants to secure long-term housing stability and prevent shelter entry.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Coordinate services and activities to provide program participants with necessary tools to sustain their housing and prevent homelessness
• Complete a full case assessment and determine clients’ eligibility for the HomeBase program
• Develop and implement an individualized service and housing plan that establishes goals and actions which address the immediate housing crisis and the underlying causes of the crises
• Monitor and evaluate program participant’s progress on the implementation of their service plan
• Conference client cases with the Director of Finance and Compliance and determines the necessity of financial subsidies
• Prepare all necessary documentation to prepare in-house subsidy applications on behalf of the client
• Provide referrals for clients to access public benefits and entitlements
• Liaise with the Legal Director to determine if legal representation or council is necessary to prevent homelessness
• Maintain accurate record keeping via case files and the designated computer database
• Engage in the arrangement, coordination, monitoring and delivery of services to HomeBase program participants
• Ensure that program participants’ rights are protected
• Other duties as assigned by the center director and program directors
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working in non-profit organizations and commitment to social justice.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to advocate.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to problem solve and build relationships.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred. Community residents are encouraged to apply
Name: Marcia Hargrove, Program Director
Address: 145 E.98th Street
Country: United States