Rosemary Children’s Services opened its doors in 1920 to adolescent girls. Since then the agency has grown to provide “at-risk" youth with therapeutic and compassionate services through our Residential Care, Non Public School, Mental Health and Foster Family & Adoptions Programs. The Residential department is seeking a Part-time Child Care Counselor.
1. Provide constant supervision to the residents in your care while in the group home, Day Treatment activities, Recreational Activities and out in the community. This includes providing counseling and transportation as needed. Child Care Staff are never to leave the group or house during scheduled work shift unless relieved by another staff member. Failure to provide proper supervision is grounds for termination.
2. Create a safe and constructive group social atmosphere for Residents.
3. Assist residents on individual problems and settling disputes.
4. Instruct residents on household routines. Supervise and ensure household routines are completed in a safe and timely manner.
5. Implement the behavior-management program.
6. Dispense and log medications.
7. Insure facility is safe and clean.
8. Compliance with call out procedures and attending staff meetings and in-service training.
9. Communicate with outgoing Child Care Counselor regarding day’s events and brief incoming Child Care Counselors on evening events, and completing necessary paperwork.
10.Daily visual assessment of residents and group home environment, which includes completing the daily log forms. Monitor and log residents’ emotional, behavioral and medical status.
11.Check in with the On-Duty office, ATS and or CTS for daily duty assignments.
12.Responsible for being available to cover open shifts, based on your availability.
13.Responsible for attending Monthly On Call Meetings and assigned In-Service Trainings.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Services Field or a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and four (4) years of residential experience; an Associates Degree with two (2) years of residential experience.
2. Must maintain a valid California Driver’s License and acceptable DMV Record for 5 years, *Motor Vehicle Record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier, auto liability insurance and vehicle(s) in compliance with agency’s safety standards.
3. Successful completion of a Criminal Record Clearance, Child Abuse Index clearance, TB & Medical History Review Clearance, Employment Verification
4. Previous clerical experience.