Rosemary Children’s Services opened its doors in 1920 to adolescent girls. Since then the agency has grown to provide “at-risk" youth with therapeutic and compassionate services through our Residential Care, Non Public School, Mental Health and Foster Family & Adoptions Programs.
Rosemary Children’s Services has an immediate opening for an Child Care Counselor for the Residential Deparment. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Provide constant supervision to the residents in your care while in the group home, Day Treatment activities, Recreational Activities and out in the community. This includes providing counseling and transportation as needed. Child Care Staff are never to leave the group or house during scheduled work shift unless relieved by another staff member. Failure to provide proper supervision is grounds for termination.
2. Supervise residents in the Non Public School Classroom as assigned. Obtain weekly attendance from Non Public School Staff and submit to the Counseling Team Supervisor or Assistant Team Supervisor.
3. Transport resident to school daily and ensure they are in compliance with uniform and dress code standards. Vehicles need to park in designated areas to walk students inside school campus and pick up students at school entrance.
4. Drop off GCL Binder and homework daily when residents are dropped off at school.
5. Drop off Medication Book and Green Bag daily by 8:30 a.m.
6. Create a safe and constructive group social atmosphere for Residents.
7. Assist residents on individual problems and settling disputes.
8. Instruct residents on household routines. Supervise and ensure household routines are completed in a safe and timely manner.
9. Implement the behavior-management program.
10.Dispense and log medications.
11.Insure facility is safe and clean.
12.Compliance with call out procedures and attending staff meetings and in-service training.
13.Carry a caseload of 2-3 residents. Assist with structure of treatment goal for your caseload and assist Residents with accomplishing these goals. Responsible for weekly evaluation form along with weekly GCL goals.
14.Communicate with outgoing Child Care Counselor regarding day’s events and brief incoming Child Care Counselors on evening events, and completing necessary paperwork.
15.Daily visual assessment of residents and group home environment, which includes completing the daily log forms. Monitor and log residents’ emotional, behavioral and medical status.
16.Participate in daily Group Centered Leadership peer accountability groups. Child Care Counselors are expected to score 75% or higher within the first six months of employment.
17.Check in with the On-Duty office, ATS and or CTS for daily duty assignments.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Services Field or a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and four (4) years of residential experience; an Associates Degree with two (2) years of residential experience.
2. Must maintain a valid California Driver’s License and acceptable DMV Record for 5 years, *Motor Vehicle Record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier, auto liability insurance and vehicle(s) in compliance with agency’s safety standards.
3. Successful completion of a Criminal Record Clearance, Child Abuse Index clearance, TB & Medical History Review Clearance, Employment Verification