Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit agency serving children, families and developmentally disabled adults across New York City and Long Island.
We are seeking an Assistant House Manager for our Individual Residential Alternative (IRA), located in Jamaica Queens.
This is a full-time position, Tuesday - Friday, 2 pm to 10 pm and Saturday, 11 am to 7 pm.
Job responsibilities include:
- Rotate Administrator on-call responsibilities with the Manager of their assigned house. This responsibility includes carrying a cell phone and being available to respond to emergencies, as needed.
- Responsible for staff scheduling.
- Ensures staff coverage for the program and medical appointments.
- Supervises Direct Care Counselors.
- Daily house checks to ensure that the IRA is safe, clean and functional.
- Ensures that active treatment schedules are followed and data collection is completed on a daily basis.
- Ensures that the scheduled daily routine is followed (i.e., recreation schedule).
- Participates in the team process of interviewing and hiring new employees.
- Attends annual, semi-annual and team meetings.
- Ensures that all Direct Care Staff time sheets are generated, checked and tabulated.
- Will assume Direct Care responsibilities, as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree required
· 3-5 years experience working with the MR/DD population