Social Service Coordinator|
TELACU Residential Management
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
The Social Services Coordinator is responsible for providing a supportive, service-oriented environment to senior and/or physically challenged residents living at TELACU Residential Management (TRM) housing facilities. The Coordinator will be assigned specific housing facilities, and will work in conjunction with on-site staff.
• Establishes links and builds relationships with all agencies and service providers in the community to benefit residents
• Makes referrals to service providers for residents based upon needs and requests
• Monitors outside service provider case management to ensure service needs are met
• Develops ongoing education presentations, wellness programs and on-site approved services for residents
• Serves as resident advocate and also teaches residents how to advocate for themselves
• Maintains resident files in compliance with HUD and TRM management requirements
• Uses American Association of Service Coordinators (AASC) software program for case management and progress updates
• Prepares and submits all HUD regulatory and internal reports
• Develops resource directories for each facility
• Distributes consumer materials from organizations such as State and area agencies on aging
• Sets up volunteer support programs with organizations in the community
• Assists residents in forming and/or strengthening resident organizations
• Maintains a Social Services Coordinator office at each site in compliance with HUD requirements
• Creates, organizes and manages PUPM funds and programs at sites with funding available
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Counseling preferred. Working knowledge in supportive services/community resources. Ability to advocate, organize and problem-solve. Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team player. Must have worked with diverse populations with a particular focus on resident needs. Ability to uphold ethical standards and client confidentiality.
Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance, and a driving record that meets TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.
Name: Office Manager
Country: United States