The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for a Case Manager position for its ACT team, a mobile, multidisciplinary mental health program in the Bronx. The ACT Team outreaches and enrolls homeless individuals with serious mental illness into its services, helps to obtain housing, works with individuals to return to a full and satisfying life in the community and make a transition to less intensive services in the community. ACT Services are delivered by a multidisciplinary, mobile professional team that assumes total responsibility for case management, rehabilitation, psychiatric and substance abuse services. The ACT Team provides at least 80% of its services in the community, primarily through home visits. The program is located in the North-East Bronx and serves clients living in the Bronx and Manhattan.
The Case Manager will provide comprehensive service delivery including case management, counseling, medication management and crisis intervention to a caseload of approximately 12 clients, maintain clinical documentation requirements that are in keeping with quality clinical care and agency funding sources. The Case Manager will participate and contribute to a program culture that is client centered, outcome oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
• Case Manager 1- High school diploma and 2 years experience
• Case Manager 2 – Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
• Case Manager 3 - BSW and 1 year relevant experience (excluding fieldwork) or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
• For applicants without college degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Valid NYS driver’s license required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Computer literacy required