Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit charity serving children, families and developmentally disabled adults across New York City and Long Island. Our staff provides caring and professional services to nearly 2,000 people annually. Little Flower’s programs are populated through contractual relationships with referring agencies including state and local government, courts and school districts.
Little Flower Children and Family Services is seeking a full-time Cottage Supervisor to plan, direct and coordinate the operation of a unit of children within the Residential Treatment Center (RTC).
Job Responsibilities include:
- Supervise a number of child care workers who are responsible for the behavior and safety of children within the unit.
- Interview, hire and train staff working in the unit; evaluate; recommend discipline or termination when necessary; review changes in staffing and training requirements and implement such changes.
- Coordinate matters which affect cottage(s) with security, recreation, and maintenance supervisors; consults with casework, medical, and administrative staff on the care and handling of children in residence.
- Review and approve requisitions for supplies, equipment,and materials for each facility; maintain records and prepares reports.
Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field; plus 5 years experience in supervising the operation of a group residence for children.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and techniques of dealing with adolescent behavior, of group leadership, and of appropriate disciplinary procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the operation of children's group residences.
- Ability to plan, direct, and organize the work of a large staff working on shifts, seven days a week, in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Ability to prepare clear, accurate, and comprehensive reports.