Mobile Unit Driver
Progressive community service organization funded primarily through government support is looking for a dedicated and committed Mobile Unit Driver. They will be responsible for the driving and coordination of maintenance of the agency’s Mobile Unit. Driving mobile unit to designated target sites. Oversee, maintenance and security of mobile unit including but not limited to the following:
• Cleans unit inside and out.
• Ensures parking in appropriate/legal parking locations or obtain the necessary exemptions/parking permits.
• Ensures safe disposal of human waste tanks at designated locations.
• Fills gasoline tank as appropriate by using agency gas card
• Checks oil levels and arranges servicing as needed
• Schedules appropriate mileage maintenance with the dealer according to service contract.
• Creates logs of all the above activities which are maintained in a locked cabinet on the mobile unit, and presented for weekly supervisory review.
Review all maintenance logs with Facilities Coordinator and Supervisor weekly. Posts mobile unit protocols in unit and ensures that all staff adheres to mobile unit protocols and procedures. Reports any non-adherence incidents to supervisor and completes an incident report. Responsible for immediately notifying BAS’ Department Supervisor if there is any driving incident or accident on personal time, and indicate whether points have been deducted against his/her driving license. Ensures driver’s license remains in good standing, and present license semi-annually to Facilities Coordinator. BAS will conduct a six month driver’s license check with NYSDMV. Serves as a back-up driver at the request of supervisor and/or Dept. Director, and any other duties as assigned.