THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN WADING RIVER, NY (EASTERN PART OF LONG ISLAND).
Full-time Caseworker needed for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC), to work directly with special needs youth in our Inner Lights Program and play an instrumental role in the child’s treatment, permanency and transitional planning.
- The Caseworker in the Residential Care Program is assigned to children residing in a congregate care setting. The children are seen at least weekly, but often daily, as their situations demand.
- The Caseworker visits the home of the child at least once to acquaint himself or herself with the environment to which the child will be returning.
- The Caseworker investigates cases referred to the agency to determine need and to determine proper method of care; interviews the individual, the family, community and governmental agency personnel, and any other resource person who might provide information necessary for a proper psychosocial diagnostic evaluation and the preparation of a treatment plan; works with other divisions of the agency to evaluate the progress of cases and to carry out the treatment plan.
- Works with public welfare agencies, the courts, and others to assist individuals under care with financial, legal, medical, and personal problems.
- Attends periodic staff conferences; confers with supervisors on difficult cases; prepares dictation, reports, and correspondence on assigned cases, and maintains records of the status of each case.
- Master's Degree in Social Work is required.
- Use of a motor vehicle is required in the performance of field work and must possess a valid New York State driver's license.
- Spanish speaking preferred.