The Addiction Research and Treatment Corporation was organized in 1969 to address the unique problems of hard-core inner city substance users (minority addicts) and has provided prevention and interventions to every person that has crossed a clinical threshold. ARTC is a not-for-profit organization which is certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuses (OASAS) and an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center licensed by the NTSO of Health Systems Management. ARTC's comprehensive approach is designed to service the heroin addicts in the inner-city communities of New York. Its objective is to help its patients lead healthy, independent and productive lives allowing them to become responsible citizens who engage in a variety of meaningful activities.
ARTC seeks an experienced Behavioral Health Supervisor who can asses mental, emotional and overall behavioral functioning individuals and administer programs of treatment.
Essential job functions:
* provides initial mental health screening for all patients prior to admission
* study medical and behavioral histories and provides guidance on bio-psycho social assessment to the counselors
* ensures that vocational rehabilitation is integrated within each treatment plan
* coordinates referrals and follow-up for those patients who require concurrent chemical dependency services
* possession of the skills necessary to provide and document a psychological assessment
* ability to provide direct treatment services and referrals for patients