SOCIAL WORKER II – Kelly Cullen Community
Under the general direction of the Project Coordinator, the Social Worker II is responsible for assisting tenants with housing stabilization and retention by providing outreach, advocacy, information, and referrals to existing off-site providers. The position requires Spanish/English bilingual skills, is 40 hours per week and will have a Monday - Friday schedule.
1. Assertively outreach to all tenants.
2. Identify tenants in need of services and maintain awareness of tenant's overall health status; including specific medical, mental health and substance use issues.
3. Complete Intakes and Assessments.
4. Establish and follow-up with Individualized Service Plans that outline tenant goals
5. Provide case-management and supportive counseling services.
6. Provide housing stabilization, retention and eviction prevention services.
7. Provide and follow-up with all referrals to off-site service providers.
8. Provide up to 30-days of after-care.
9. Organize and facilitate community-building activities.
10. Serve as liaison/advocate for tenants with Property Management and off-site services
11. Attend all required meetings with Property Management staff, Support Services Team, Department of Public Health staff, and off-site agencies.
12. Provide permitted follow-up information to KCC’s Property Management staff as needed.
13. Attend all Tenant meetings.
14. Comply with all protective services reporting procedures.
15. Maintain records and files on all tenants receiving services.
16. Compile monthly statistics.
17. Provide 24-hour, on-call support on a rotating basis.
18. Assist in the lease-up and on-going leasing of housing units at KCC.
19. Collaborate with Department of Public Health/IHHC FQHC on-site staff to meet tenant needs.
20. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
• Two years of experience providing direct services to very low-income populations in urban settings.
• Two years of experience providing direct services to individuals with substance use and mental health issues and/or individuals with co-occurring disorders.
• Two years of experience linking individuals to agencies to meet their medical, mental health and other service needs.
• Bilingual: Spanish/English; reading, writing and speaking proficiency
• Knowledge of Federal HIPAA Rules and Regulations
• Experience with:
1. Providing direct services to high users of medical and mental healthcare;
2. Harm Reduction;
3. Permanent Supportive Housing
Submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources, 215 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax to 415-771-0813. Please reference Social Worker II – KCC/MSW in subject line.