Psychiatric Center Chartered, Inc. (PCC) is a comprehensive community program serving the needs of residents of the Greater Washington Metropolitan area who are diagnosed with chronic and severe mental illnesses. PCC was founded in 1973 through a partnership of psychiatrists devoted to serving clients in their communities beyond the services traditionally offered, with the mission of promoting the holistic care of individuals so that they may live more productively with choice and dignity.
PCC provides a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, including health and dental insurance
This position provides vocational, job readiness, preparation, and placement services to ADULTS with developmental and/or mental health disabilities. Some of the duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assists in the development and implementation of individual training plans for each individual to be placed in the supported employment program.
• Supports clients in matters such as making job choices, job readiness, job coaching, and job retention skills and behaviors.
• Assists with job application process.
• May provide scheduling/coordination of transportation to and from the job site if needed.
• Provides onsite assessment, training, supervision and support for individuals placed on job sites according to their ongoing plan.
• May confer with employer to monitor progress and to determine support needed to meet employer requirements and fulfill service goals.
• Acts as an advocate for individuals served for changes in work schedules, increased hours, career advancement and job placements.
• Provides incidental training and teaching as needed both on and off the job site.
• Collects and maintains data pertaining to but not limited to attendance, employer satisfaction, self satisfaction, social relationships, and training needs of the trainee.