RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Act as Case Manager for formerly homeless adults, most of whom have a severe and persistent mental illness. Work with other staff members to model a proactive life style by organizing floor meetings, tenant representatives, tenant/community meetings and special interest speakers as well as educational and recreational activities.
1. Perform all activities related to case management for assigned caseload including timely service plans, reviews, psycho-socials, progress notes, etc.
2. Document activities and submit statistics per government funder and Agency mandates in a timely manner.
3. Maintain and document liaisons with other Agencies providing services to case load.
4. Develop activities/groups that focus on skill building, socialization, activities of daily living and recovery issues etc. that support resident functioning in SRO living.
5. Facilitate bi-weekly “Floor meetings” aimed at development of community on each Floor as well as learning to negotiate differences.
6. Participate in intake interviews with team, complete interviewing forms and recommendations for admissions.
7. Attend staff meetings, agency meetings, training sessions as assigned. Document and submit training forms upon completion of training.
8. Provide individual counseling and crises intervention as needed.
9. Develop resource connections that can integrate into an affiliation agreement of service provisions amongst both organizations.
10. Assess incidents and coordinate emergency responses involving the Police, EMS, Fire Department, Maintenance, and other officials. Document and submit all supporting documentation to the supervisor.