Rosemary Children’s Services opened its doors in 1920 to adolescent girls. Since then the agency has grown to provide “at-risk" youth with therapeutic and compassionate services through our Residential Care, Non Public School, Mental Health and Foster Family & Adoptions Programs.
Rosemary Children’s Services has an immediate opening for On-Call Child Care Counselors for the Residential Deparment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Creating a safe and constructive group social atmosphere for Residents.
2. Provide supervision, one-on-one counseling and mentoring to clients.
3. Conduct crisis intervention when necessary and as trained.
4. Provide transportation in agency vehicles to school, recreational activities, medical & dental appointments as assigned.
5. Facilitate therapeutic and Peer Accountability groups.
6. Complete caseload paperwork and attend Treatment Team Meetings for assigned caseload of 1-3 clients.
7. Maintain daily client observation notes, treatment goal updates and special incident reports when applicable.
8. Assisting residents on individual problems and settling disputes.
9. Daily visual assessment of residents and group home environment, whick includes completing the daily log forms.
10. Dispensing and logging medications
11. Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interface effectively with clients, staff, volunteers and visitors while maintaining the required confidentiality.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Services Field or a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and four (4) years of residential experience; an Associates Degree with two (2) years of residential experience.
2. Must maintain a valid California Driver’s License and acceptable DMV Record for 5 years, *Motor Vehicle Record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier, auto liability insurance and vehicle(s) in compliance with agency’s safety standards.
3. Successful completion of a Criminal Record Clearance, Child Abuse Index clearance, TB & Medical History Review Clearance, Employment Verification