SOCIAL WORKER, FRANKLIN K. LANE HIGH SCHOOL YABC|
Good Shepherd Services
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
JOB SUMMARY: The Social Worker provides individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, attendance outreach, and workshops to young adults and assists in implementing other aspects of the Franklin K Lane High School Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) Program; collaborate extensively with Department of Education (DOE) teachers and administrators.
• Provide initial intake, assessment, planning and ongoing case management with students.
• Provide individual and group counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
• Provide crisis intervention as needed.
• Conduct workshops on life skills, study habits, goal setting and related issues.
• Assist students in attending school regularly through identifying obstacles and connecting with resources as well as conducting home visits.
• Develop resources and linkages to meet student needs.
• Work with families and DOE staff to assist students in achieving goals.
• Assist in carrying out other aspects of the program including recognition events and leadership activities.
• Coordinate with other Good Shepherd Services team members and relevant school staff.
• Perform statistical, narrative and record keeping duties as required.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
• Must have experience working with adolescents/young adults individually and in groups; prior experience in a school setting preferred.
• Must be able to work 1 pm to 9 pm (Monday –Thursday) and some Saturdays.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
Please apply to www.goodshepherds.org
Name: Asante Laing
Address: 999 Jamaica Avenue
Country: United States