• Master of Social Work Degree and current licensure
The Social Work Supervisor will provide quality assurance (QA) functions and will assist with training, counseling and supervision to the Client Care Coordinator on a day to day basis and maintain a case- load.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist and supervise the Client Care Coordinator with the overall delivery and coordination of services for homeless families residing in family tier II shelters and/or family hotels.
2. Interface with the New York City Department of Homeless Services Staff, Shelter providers and relevant community based organizations when needed.
3. Assist and supervise the completion of psychosocial assessments of complex families impacted by multiple systems.
4. Assist in providing qualitative and quantitative feedback to Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and DHS Service Providers to inform both policy and practice.
5. Assist with staff development and participate in clinical meetings as needed.
6. Assist along with the Program Director and Assistant Executive Director that the services are delivered as required by DHS and/or other relevant City or State agencies.
7. Responsible for carrying a caseload of 19.
8. Assist in supervising continuous quality improvements.
9. Ensure that all plans are done in compliance with the applicable regulations.
10. Supervision of Master’s level students as needed.
11. Provide any and all clinical coordination as needed.
12. Other duties as required by the Executive Director and/or Assistant Executive Director.
• Knowledge of child and adolescent development; emotional/behavioral health; mental health; parent-child relationships family dynamics; and diagnostic classification;
• Strong expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice;
• Knowledge of guidelines, policies and regulations relating to child welfare, safety, permanency and well-being;
• Demonstrated expertise in mental health, emotional and behavioral issues and therapies for single adults;
• Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have a knowledge base of substance abuse and addiction, domestic violence, child maltreatment, trauma, and mental health conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit Resume and Cover Letter (attachments as PDF or MS Word Documents please for e-mail responses).
Brooklyn Community Housing & Services, Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
105 Carlton Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
Country: United States
Ph: No Phone Calls Please.